Monday, July 24, 2006

Vacation


This is a picture of Jason at the old Pinawa dam. We actually got to take a few days off last week and spent some time with my family at Wilderness Edge in Pinawa. The holiday was brought about by the visit of my sister and her family from Kansas. It was really good to get away, especially since Jason has begun harvesting this week and I'm working every morning at 6 am this week so we will not get a whole lot of time to spend together!

Additionally, while we were in Pinawa, Jason and I went into Winnipeg for a practicum 'orientation' of sorts. It mostly outlined the academic requirements for Jason's practicum but also gave us a reminder of some of the ways we should approach a new location to make sure that we are being culturally sensitive. All in all, it was good to spend some time thinking about what it is that we are going to Grenada to do and how we want to interact with Grenadians.

Well, that's it for now. I'm not feeling particularly verbose today, I will post again soon with some of my favourite pictures from our vacation.

Kristy
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture! See you Sunday! Lori

26/7/06 10:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home