Friday, May 26, 2006

A Farewell to Boots


Boots 1998-2006

My dearly beloved boots have finally met their end. Purchased in 1998 they have seen me at my best and at my worst. They have walked the cobblestone roads in Asuncion and climbed the Andes in Chile. They have slipped on glaciers in British Columbia, walked the streets of San Fransisco, and carried me up a 'mountain' in Mexico. The boots were resilient, resisting fire in the fields and weathering the salt and slush of city streets without complaint. I will miss boots, but will always cherish the memories that we have created together. Goodbye boots, and well done.







A hearty welcome to the Raichle Kooteny 5 is in order! These boots are full of promise and potential for things to come. Already they have had a taste of the life in store for them as they experienced the May long weekend. The scent of adventure is in the air as the aroma of fresh leather wafts from the boots. Not yet having developed the characteristic odours of well loved boots, one can only imagine the imprint that Grenada will have on these soles. Perhaps these will be the boots that will finally take me over the pond to visit Europe, or hike the wilds of Alaska. The future is limitless!

Happy wandering!

Kristy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your farewell almost makes me cry. I'll miss them too. But here's to new boots and new adventures!! Cheers,
Lori

1/6/06 10:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy, I realized that I have spend a lot of time with your boots, too. AsunciĆ³n, glaciers in BC... I hope I will get to know you new one some time soon. Will they accompany you to Europe?

3/8/06 5:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home