Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Moving Forward

Everything is slowly moving forward toward Grenada. Our passports should be coming sometime this week, I have submitted a letter officially requesting that my place in the Education program be held for one year, and Jason is working on the forms and research on Grenada that he has to submit to recieve credit and possible financial assistance for the practicum in Grenada. In addition we will be going to see a travel nurse/doctor in the near future so that Jason can get started on his immunizations, and I can check to see if mine are all still up to date. We have been surfing the internet trying to find the best deals on flights. We decided that we will likely fly out of Minneapolis/St.Paul because it is quite a bit cheaper than trying to fly out of Winnipeg or Grand Forks. We will hopefully be able to find something under the 1,000 mark, but that remains to be seen.

Otherwise we are still working hard. I am Nannying part time, and next week I will be starting work at the Mennonite Heritage Museum restaraunt. It's not my ideal job, but I needed more hours, so I guess I have to take what I can get. It means that unfortunately I will be working quite a few weekends. Hopefully with Jason farming we will occasionally be able to take a few days here and there during the week. When I'm not working I'm trying to keep the weeds out of our garden. We are renting a house a mile away from the farm and we took a corner of the field behind the house to plant a garden. The disadvantage is that it is just chock full of weeds. It needs a few years of TLC before it would stay clean. My poor carrots are just about choked off because I couldn't tell at first which ones were weeds and which ones were carrots. They are now big enough that I can see the difference, so I've been weeding surgically, one itty bitty weed at a time. So, it's off to it I go. Have a great week!

Kristy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, I hope you charm all those cheep Mennon's into some good tip money! Lucky for you it's only for a few months....Spice Island....Look out!! Love Lori

13/6/06 5:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home