Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Simple Pleasures

As we reflect on our time in Grenada we realise that it is the simple pleasures that made our stay what it was. Sharing meals with locals, trekking off into the back country and partaking of as many opportunities as possible. But before I wax too nostalgic one of the greatest treasures of Grenada is the food. Anyone who knows me knows that I like food and gastronomic adventures are par for the course. I will try anything that is put in front of me and my only regret at leaving Grenada so soon is that I missed that one opportunity to try some cow's head soup on the beach during Kristy's birthday.

We may have missed the mango season (I am told that when the mangoes peak, some roads become too slippery to drive on due to the hundreds of thousands of mangoes that drop before anyone can eat them) but we certainly enjoyed many, many fruits and vegetables that were new to us and we got to enjoy some off season favourites.

Grenada has been a blast!

Later,
Jason


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! Can't wait to see you.

4/4/07 12:23 p.m.  
Blogger Kristy Jason said...

Can't wait to see you too. If only I knew who you were!

4/4/07 1:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh.


Lori

5/4/07 10:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey brother...if you want cow head soup, you name the day and i'll get you a cow head from work...you can even keep it in the freezer until it's BSE results come back! Just pick up a recipe before you come back cuz i'm not sure you'll find one out here.

Alison

7/4/07 2:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home