Monday, February 26, 2007

Carriacou

We had a lovely vacation in Carriacou. The weather was perfect and the sea was lovely. Don, Jason and myself managed to go for a dive and although the visibility was not great I think we all enjoyed ourselves. Over our 3 day stay we took a tour of the island, did a dive, and otherwise walked the beach, relaxed and played Settlers of Catan. Here's some of my favourite pictures from the weekend.


The view under the pier. I loved the light.



Thomas, our taxi driver, took this picture of us from the hospital up on the hill. The water behind us is the Caribbean sea, if you turned around 180 degrees you'd see the Atlantic.



Jason and Don checking out a ship in progress.


Finally, we manage to get a picture of me where I'm smiling with my eyes open!



Just a beautiful view of the ocean. If you squint you can see a reef in the middle of the picture and a ship that got stuck on it!

Well, that's our quick Carriacou overview. I hope you have enjoyed it!

Kristy

6 Comments:

Blogger The Klippensteins said...

I absolutely loved the pictures. Good job!
Wendy

26/2/07 10:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! The colors are so beautiful, lush and vibrant. You've captured them really well.

Loir

26/2/07 12:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be sick, can't even spell my own name. Duh!

26/2/07 12:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics! Glad to hear you got to enjoy a healthy trip to Carriacou Kristy! How was the ferry trip? See any dolphins or catch any flying fish?? (not sure how you would catch one but i'd like to see jason try...;)

Alison

27/2/07 3:21 p.m.  
Blogger Kristy Jason said...

No dolphins Alison, but lots of flying fish! I'm sure Jason wanted to try to catch one, but he had to consider that his wife might not like it if he fell overboard in an attempt! Anyway, hope you're doing well in your studies, see you in a few weeks!
Kristy

1/3/07 7:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shot under the pier is really stunning -- well done. Marg

2/3/07 10:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home