Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sample A

For my highlight post, that this, the review of some of the best or most meaningful pictures that we have taken in Grenada thus far I have chosen these five. You may notice that none of these photos include people and there could be many reasons for this occurrence. For me, however, I have chosen to lump these pictures together as a highlight of some of the natural scenes or products of Grenada.




This first one highlights one of the many beautiful scenes that we witness as the sun sets over the Caribbean Sea.



Gouyave as viewed from the ruins of a 17th century French Fort.



Nutmeg in drying racks. Nutmeg, cocoa and banana were the three agricultural products that brought colonial powers to the island. Banana has ceased to be an export crop but nutmeg and cocoa are still very much a part of the Grenadian image and psyche.



Seven Sisters Falls, just another reason that Grenada is one of the most beautiful countries in the Caribbean and the world.



In Grenada you can really see where the efforts of human beings meet those of nature. While there are myriad arguments regarding the meeting of people and the natural world, I won't get into them here. This photo highlights what can be seen as a struggle between dichotomous wills.

Of course I have many more favourite photos but these are the ones that popped out at me today. I hope that they convey the meaning that I hope they do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I love the you make each post original,love the pics as well.Having just been there and spent time talking with you,i quess I had somewhat of an advantage quessing who posted what.
Stay well
Mom

8/2/07 9:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home