Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What to do when you cannot find a coffee maker.

As some of you may know, I like coffee. Grenadians, by and large, do not seem to share my love of a good cup of jo. Thus there are very few coffee makers to be found on the island and in Gouyave particularly. Having made do with instant coffee for the first few months, I thought that I would continue in that vein until April, when I can use my programmable wonder again. In fact, I was okay with that, I could handle instant coffee, I could even begin to like instant coffee. My plans changed when my wonderful in-laws sent some of Tim's finest down for Christmas. Once I opened that tin and inhaled that wonderful aroma (instant doesn't really seem to have any odour at all) I knew that I had to create my own percolator. The following pictures are the result of a little experimentation and a little collaboration with Kristy and Andrew. It brews a wonderful and quick cup of coffee, plus it can be affixed to almost any size of container.







Step One: Punch some holes in the lid of a can and one hole in the bottom of said can.






Step Two: Bend down the sides of the lid so as to raise the perforated lid off the bottom of your percolator.





Step Three: Insert coffee filter, fill with favourite blend and fill with hot water. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home