Friday, February 02, 2007

Gifts

One of the joys of travelling are the people you meet. Recently, my brother Al came to Grenada to visit and met a little girl named Kelci. Jason and I have gotten to know her well over the last number of months, especially during the time when she stayed with her grand mother and great grandmother, almost across the road from us while her mom was gone to Trinidad to have a baby. Kelci was on our porch almost daily, in fact it was hard to send her home when we wanted to go have supper or go to bed!



While Al was here he got to meet Kelci and humored her for a long time goofing around with pillows and playing frisbee. Kelci also enjoyed 'helping' us with a puzzle that my mother-in-law gave as a christmas gift. Al told Kelci he would send a puzzle along for her with my parents when they came to visit. And that's what he did.


She's pleased as punch (though didn't like it that i suggested she work on the puzzle in our house so I could help her with it!) 500 pieces is just a little daunting when you haven't done many puzzles! I'll be sure to post a picture when we have finished the puzzle.

So, here's my question for all of you. What is the best gift you have ever given, or received? I'd love to hear from all of you folks who have been lurking out there but never leave comments!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristy Jason said...

The best gift I received was a beautiful chef's knife from Kristy. When I am home I get to use it almost every day and every time I use it I think of what a thoughtful gift it is.

Jason

2/2/07 7:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best gift I've received is a birthday package from Chris before we were dating. I was at the lake with friends and although he was invited, couldn't attend. He put a package together so I could open gifts all day because he wanted me to feel special. It worked. The last gift was new pair of moccassins. What a guy!

Lori

2/2/07 8:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, time to start joining in the comment section of this "blog" thing the kids are so into these days. My best gift ever? I would have to say my grad present after graduating from Red River. Dad had promised me a dog...ANY breed i wanted...so when i suggested a horse instead mom was thrilled. And that's how Diesel entered the picture. I must say, it's the one gift that gets better the more it gets used! Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Alison

3/2/07 7:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite gift of all time is the pendant I have on my necklace right now. Doug gave it to me. It's a circle, with two adults forming the circle and two children sheltered in the middle. It represents everything a family is to me. Second favorite gifts, anything the girls make/draw for me.

Rita

3/2/07 10:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was 16, dad gave me a brand new 22 remington rifle for my birthday. It made me feel like a man, trusting me with all that power.

Allan

3/2/07 10:44 p.m.  
Blogger The Klippensteins said...

I got the best gift ever for Christmas this year from Dean. It was a gift cert. for the Ten spa at the Fort Garry Hotel in Wpg. I went today and it was the best pampering ever.
Wendy

4/2/07 9:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does a new house count?(lol)Mom

5/2/07 2:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home