Sunday, September 10, 2006

sisters? really?


Jason and I went camping this past weekend with my sister from Kansas and her two daughters. Jay took this picture of us at the water's edge. Can anyone tell that we're sisters???

Anyways, as Jason and I are getting ready to travel we've been putting together mental lists of the things we want to bring along to Grenada and what we want to pack up to store here. It led me to think about what things we value. I know that there are many of you out there in blogland who have been following our blog so I thought I'd throw out this question. What is the one thing that you would just have to bring with you if you were leaving the country for an extended period of time? Leave us a comment with your thoughts, and no, you don't have to have a blog name to be able to post, just click anonymous and sign your name at the end if you want to. Anonymity is quite all right too!
 Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Rocketman1200 said...

Duct Tape!

Also, Immodium, Peptol Bismol (I don't know how to spell), Gravol, and Sudoku puzzles. :)

10/9/06 8:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The knowledge of having the prayers and love and support of your family and friends at HOME,and that no matter where we are Gods love for us never leaves us. Mom

10/9/06 10:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My email address book and phone numbers! (assuming that I have internet access, right?) Living away from all of you causes me to cherish every moment we have together and spend more time on the phone than I ever imagined I would.

BTW, made it home safe and sound yesterday. Tent is still drying! We had a great time.

11/9/06 10:51 a.m.  
Blogger Kristy Jason said...

Thanks MOM, definately good things to remember. I can only assume by your comment that Jason and I have your support? We certainly feel it.

RITA, we got home all right too. The only surprise was that the temp had apparently gotten down to -3 and all my cucumbers and pepper plants were wilted! Thankfully I have a Mother in Law who looks out for us and picked our vegetables!

ROCKETMAN, I hadn't considered the duct tape, but I remember being very glad I had both Immodium and Sudafed when I was overseas a few years back. Definate life savers!

11/9/06 2:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

- Music. I'd bring along a selection of cds that I couldn't live without.

- Not much else that hasn't already been said...

Best of luck as you keep getting ready!! You're in my thoughts.

~Kd

12/9/06 11:32 a.m.  
Blogger equichick8 said...

Hey Kristy,
believe it or not, (after all the important things like underware and hairbrushes), bring something sexy to wear. On the day that you feel totally blah and missing home, dressing up can really make you feel better for a while. Esspecially if you have someplace nice to go to....
And besides, when it's warm outside like Grenada, the sexy thing you will bring will be pretty small and packable. :)

have fun!
adina

13/9/06 10:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home