Friday, January 05, 2007

Just a quick note

I did it, I finally did it. After a few months of running in the hills of Grenada, I have managed to convince myself that I can actually run. I have never really considered myself a runner before but rather a cyclist who runs for cross-training in the off-season. But I realise that I like both activities and so this June, on consecutive weekends I will participate in the MCC Bike The Interlake (my fifth year of MCC rides), followed on the next weekend by the Manitoba Marathon (I will do a half-marathon for my first attempt).

The registrations are in and paid for and so I am committed to the task. Though I am feeling strong in the fact that I can run 9 miles with over half a mile of elevation change in Grenada. So the flat 13.1 miles in Winnipeg should be no problem.

Now the challenge goes out to all those out there, get active and enjoy some physical activity. And for those of you who are man enough or woman enough to rise to the challenge I encourage you to sign up for either the MCC Bike the Interlake or the Manitoba Marathon or both. The more the merrier and I would love to see you out.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home