Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More pictures

The result of not having water for 24 hours. Us women, we must wash our hair!




My Grenadian look has been completed. Hooray for not having hair in my face, but man oh man did my scalp hurt for the first day!



The winner of the 'name the caption' contest is.....
Doug Peters for his creative verbosity! Honourable mentions go to Andrea & Erin Peters for their straight forward 'tell it like it is' captions!


The question of the day is:
Have you ever had to 'make do' without a shower for a number of days? How did you cope?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm never happy when I can't shower on a daily basis - my scalp is literally crawling just thinking about it...

I usually just suck it up and wait till the next time I can shower (then again, me not being able to shower usually means I'm on a youth trip or hiking or something where there are others in a similar state...)

Love the corn rows!!

~Kd

22/11/06 6:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned from my NE Brazilian friends, who never had access to a shower, (and carried every drop of water up some pretty steep hills)how to have a complete cleansing with a relatively small basin of water. I still prefer the shower, but have much respect for those who can sparkle without it. P.S. Giant clay pots are great for storing reserve water. Marg

22/11/06 11:39 p.m.  
Blogger equichick8 said...

Hey Kristy,
When our bathroom was being remodeled, and Miriel was taking up all my time... I was a very stinky person. I took "baths" in the kitchen sink with a washcloth and some soap. Then washed my hair under the tap.
If you have no water at all I suggest going to the nearest fresh water stream and doing the best you can with a washcloth. It does work... sort of.
Do you have any fresh water streams/ponds nearby?
good luck!

25/11/06 12:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home